Saturday, January 29, 2011

Photos and Stories from Melbourne

Red and Silver Christmas Table
CHRISTMAS 2010- FERN TREE GULLY at the NORMOYLE'S HOME:  
We had a lovely Christmas - the table was set elaborately and beautifully! The theme of the table was red and silver and Sue has these fabulous Santas that hang from the glasses! I loved these!  We had a lovely pre-breckie and then waited for Mark and Lauren to arrive..  then we ate and open prezies.    Even the dog got to come and celebrate!

Santa hanging from my glass!











Monty in the middle of it all!









After Christmas we headed down to the beach for about 5 days.  The Normoyles have a camper superbly located in Torquay (pronouced tor- key).  This is about 5 km away from Bells beach which is where a famous surf competition happens every year!  This small lovely town is home base for Rip Curl, and there are outlets for Billabong, Roxy, and other surf related stores!  Shopping there was quite fun!
These are people going out for a surf lesson
I loved seeing the progression of them getting onto the water.










ready to feel the water and learn from a pro!
A Norfolk pine, singularly beautiful right next to the water










Brookie at dinner!  I think those are fish balls!









Thought I'd prove I was there!




We decided to drive along the Great Ocean Road to go see the 12 Apostles.   These are rock formations that the sea has eroded over time.. There are no longer 12 of them as some have collapsed into the sea.  They are beautiful and breathtaking!

We also drove into the  Otway National Forest to see if we could see some koalas in the wild!  They have had an epidemic of Chlamydia and have been vaccinating them and then moving them.  We believe this area is where they have been moved to because we saw at least 30 koalas in the trees. Brooke said she has never seen so many. They were amazingly cute, "drunk" on the Eucalyptus leaves.  I know they are not "bears" because they are marsupial but you sure want to snuggle with them like a bear :)  I guess that is a fallacy as well because you would not cuddle a bear... but you get the picture!


Mommy alert and looking right at me!


I am scrunched up but comfy!!!



Look how close I am.. I could nab him!












Is this guy for real????









 Oh how I love these little guys!!!!!






My new screen saver at work!!






 These are the 12 Apostles!  Beautiful.. what more can I say!!  It was a little windy that day but the crispness adds to the beauty in my opinion.




Wind swept but happy!





















See we were there!  Trying to get a picture!

Flora and fauna















Hilarious sign!
























I love the waves on this photo!








Beginning of regrowth after last year's fire.
5 colors:  death and rebirth....






















 















This was such a fantastic trip.  

Lovely food, traveling, camping, walking, beaching, sipping copious amounts of champagne, boating, driving, viewing, site seeing, coffeeing, shopping, movies in pure luxury, family time, and friend time! 

Brooke and her family made me feel so at home.  I was relaxed and entertained and just all around loved my experience of Australia! 






No comments:

Post a Comment