Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dragon Dispatch- New School Update

My new school has told the world I am coming so I guess it is true even if it feels a million miles away!  It feels really good to be in a bulletin and see your qualifications written out for the new community to see!  WOW! I have to say I a really excited!!!

Dragon Dispatch - December 3, 2010
Updated: December 3, 2010, 1:33 pm Send this link via e-mail  Print this page

From the Director


Dear ISB Parents and Colleagues,
It is ISB’s good fortune to announce Ms. Devon Stafford as our new Lower School Counselor for the 2011 – 2012 school year.  Devon joins us from the internationally recognized International School of Beijing (the other ISB).  She has been the upper elementary school counselor (grades 3 – 5) and the head of the entire K – 12 counseling department.  IS Beijing has a student population of 1800 students.  In her current position, she provides student support, parent education, and teacher support, while coordinating and administrating the student support services team and collaborating with the Department of Admissions.  She organizes/coordinates all external testing (International School Assessment, Iowa Test of Basic Skills) for the school as well as leading parent book clubs and workshops on Parenting Tips.
Ms. Stafford has received training across a wide spectrum of areas from in-house PYP/MYP/IB training to training for the Virtues Project, a program related to character education.  She received her MA in Counseling from the University of Phoenix and is a certified counselor in the state of Colorado.    Prior to her employment at ISB, she worked as a K – 12 counselor at the International School of Helsinki.  She has 10 years of counseling experience in the United States.

1 comment:

  1. You do have a new blog, and yes you should have started it a million years ago. You have been abroad for a long time. What an adventure you must be having. Anyway, thanks for letting me know about this. I am making it a favorite and I will check up on it now and again. You're the Devo and I am glad I have a way to keep you more actively in my life.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete